Noosa Parks Association is a not-for-profit, member-based organisation set up to protect the natural environment of the greater Noosa-Cooloola region while encouraging genuinely sustainable human behaviour and built environments.
Since March 2019, I’ve been curating, editing, laying out and distributing the organisation’s bi-monthly e-newsletter which keeps members up to date on direct-action conservation projects, public education forums and campaigns, and social activities such as hiking and birding.
I live in this beautiful area and appreciate how Noosa Parks has worked tirelessly over decades to preserve the natural beauty and biodiversity of the region, so I’m happy to volunteer my time and skills to this project.
What I do
For each edition:
- Seek contributions from about 20 people and track all responses, working to a cut-off date.
- Copyedit each article and liaise with the authors on any material changes or queries.
- Apply web-writing techniques for readability and findability (SEO).
- Lay out the content in a Mailchimp template which I have enhanced over time.
- Resize/crop supplied images, source images from the public domain (Creative Commons licence) and/or use my own images.
- Run tests to make sure it looks good on all device types.
- Seek the president’s approval.
- Send the approved newsletter to all members via Mailchimp.
I also create a print edition which is mailed out to some members.